- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
We love our candles and we want you to be able to enjoy them. A little care can make a huge difference.
When using your candle, always place it on a stable, heat-resistant surface. A smear of dishwashing liquid under the candle will stop the wax sticking to hard, non-porous surfaces such as a candle plate.
We're sure you like your house standing and uncharred so never leave a burning candle unattended.
The first time you light a candle make sure it burns long enough to melt out to within 5mm (¼ inch) of the outside of the candle. If you don't, the candle will burn down the "tube" produced by the first burn and the outside wax will not melt.
Keeping your candle out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources (including other candles - preferably space 100mm apart) will also ensure the shape is kept and you don't end up with a colourful lump of melted wax! Store candles in a cool, dry place.
Candles don't work well in draughts so keep them away from the air conditioner, fans and open windows and doors.
It's best to keep your candle away from children and pets.
If you want to get the best light from your candle, check the wick is trimmed to about 5mm each time to encourage the flame into a true tear drop shape. If smoke is visible, check for any foreign matter in the pool of wax that might be enlarging the flame. In this case, extinguish the flame, remove the debris and trim the wick to 5mm. If an off-centre flame is causing the candle to burn unevenly, simply move the extinguished wick to the centre while the wax is still soft.
Candles are easy to blow out but there is no need for a big-bad wolf impression here! If wax is spilt let the wax solidify completely and remove in pieces. Any residue on fabric can be removed by overlaying the stain with a paper towel and gently pressing it with a warm iron to create a blotting effect.