Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.wairuawoodandwax.nz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Please see full details here.
- 1.1 Wairua Wood & Wax is committed to ensuring compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the
European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR).
2. WHAT Wairua Wood & Wax COLLECTS
- 2.1 Wairua Wood & Wax may collect from You:
- (a) Your Personal Information, including:
- (i) Your Sensitive Information;
- (ii) Your name;
- (iii) Your contact information, including email address;
- (iv) other information relevant to surveys or interviews You participate in and/or
offers You accept; and
- (v) information about Your preferences and activities on Wairua Wood & Wax Website; and
- (b) Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) about anyone else that You give to Wairua Wood & Wax.
- (a) Your Personal Information, including:
3. HOW Wairua Wood & Wax COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1 Wairua Wood & Wax collects Your Personal Information only when needed and for lawful purposes
connected with performing its functions or activities. You authorise the collection of Your Personal Information from Wairua Wood & Wax when You:
- (a) Use the Wairua Wood & Wax Services on Your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device;
- (b) Create a user account with Wairua Wood & Wax;
- (c) communicate with Wairua Wood & Wax;
- (d) enter into any Wairua Wood & Wax competitions and/or promotions.
- 3.2 Wairua Wood & Wax may also collect Your Personal Information from publicly available sources or from Third Parties from time to time.
4. HOW Wairua Wood & Wax WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 You authorise Wairua Wood & Wax to use Your Personal Information (and where necessary), to disclose
Your Personal Information to Third Parties for the following Purposes:
(a) for the Purposes of providing You with the Wairua Wood & Wax Services, including to:
- (i) communicate with You, including to send promotional emails about new services, special offers, promotions or other information;
- (ii) respond to Your queries regarding the Wairua Wood & Wax Website or Services;
- (iii) verify Your identity when You create a user account with Wairua Wood & Wax;
- (iv) administer Your account;
- (v) provide You with a good user experience;
- (vi) develop new Services, features and/or Content; and
- (vii) keep You updated on things that are happening at Wairua Wood & Wax;
- (b) for internal record keeping purposes;
- (d) for any other purposes You authorise;
- (e) for the purpose of Wairua Wood & Wax selling all or most of Wairua Wood & Wax’s assets; and
- (f) to comply with Wairua Wood & Wax’s Legal Obligations.
- HOW LONG Wairua Wood & Wax HOLDS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wairua Wood & Wax will hold Your Personal Information for as long as Your Personal Information is required for the Purposes and for as long as is necessary to comply with its Legal Obligations.
- HOW Wairua Wood & Wax STORES AND PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wairua Wood & Wax will use reasonable care to protect Your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, and loss.
- Wairua Wood & Wax MAY TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
In order to provide You with Wairua Wood & Wax Services, Wairua Wood & Wax may need to disclose and transfer Your Personal Information to Third Parties located in a different country from where You live. This may include countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If those countries do not have data protection laws comparable to the data protection laws of Your country of residence, then Wairua Wood & Wax will take reasonable steps to ensure that Your Personal Information (including any Sensitive Information) is protected in those countries.
- FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE GDPR
8.1 Wairua Wood & Wax is the data controller for personal data collected by it in the provision of its Services,
support and assistance to You as the user. If Wairua Wood & Wax uses personal data that has been collected by a Third Party it will process the information as a data processor on behalf of the Third Party that collected Your Personal Information.
- 8.2 Request access to Your Personal Information: You have the right to request access to any Personal Information that Wairua Wood & Wax holds about You, the right to know the source of Your Personal Information and the processing methods used by Wairua Wood & Wax. If Wairua Wood & Wax cannot give You access to the Personal Information that You have requested, then Wairua Wood & Wax will let You know the legal reasons for not disclosing Your Personal Information. If You are not happy with the legal reasons provided, then You have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
- 8.3 Request correction of Your Personal Information: You have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that Wairua Wood & Wax holds about You. Wairua Wood & Wax will correct Your Personal Information if it is necessary to ensure that Your Personal Information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If Wairua Wood & Wax decides that it is unnecessary to correct Your Personal Information, Wairua Wood & Wax will let You know the legal reasons for its decision. If You are not happy with those reasons, then You have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
- 8.4 Request to restrict the use and processing of or delete Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that Wairua Wood & Wax delete Your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the Purposes, or withdraw your authorisation for Wairua Wood & Wax to use Your Personal Information. You also have the right to restrict Your Personal Information from being processed in the event You consider Your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests in using Your Personal Information.
- 8.5 Data portability: You have the right to request that Wairua Wood & Wax transfer Your Personal Information from one electronic processing system to another electronic processing system.
Wairua Wood & Wax does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children (as defined by local laws) and does not target its Website and/or Services towards children.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE Wairua Wood & Wax YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If You decide not to give Wairua Wood & Wax Your Personal Information, or otherwise wish to withdraw your authorisation at any time, then You:
- (a) may not be able to use some of the Wairua Wood & Wax Website and Services;
- (b) won’t be kept updated on things that are happening at Wairua Wood & Wax.
- PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
If You think that Your privacy rights have been breached, You can make a written complaint to Wairua Wood & Wax at [email protected], or otherwise contact the NZ Privacy Commissioner at https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/complaint- form/.
- 12.1 A cookie is a small file that can be placed on Your computer, mobile, tablet or any other
- 12.2 There are two types of cookies used by Wairua Wood & Wax:
- (a) Session cookies. These are used to store information about Your activities so You can move from one webpage to another. These cookies track Your movement from webpage to webpage of a website so that You do not have to provide the same information provided on earlier webpages. Session cookies only remain in the cookie file of Your browser until You close the browser.
- (b) Persistent cookies. These are used to store Your preferences to improve Your experience on future visits to the Wairua Wood & Wax Website. For example, these cookies can remember log-in details or language preferences so that You don’t have to continually re-enter these each time You visit the website. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of Your browser after You have closed Your browser, and activate again when You next visit that website.
12.3 To enable some of the features and functionality of the Wairua Wood & Wax Website, You will need to permit Wairua Wood & Wax to place cookies on Your device. If You choose not to, then those features and functionality will not be available to You. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in Your browser but it may affect Your ability to use the Wairua Wood & Wax Website.
“Wairua Wood & Wax” means Tompkins Wake.
“Wairua Wood & Wax Services”: means any products, services, software, Content, features, functionalities and any other services provided to You via the Wairua Wood & Wax Website;
“Wairua Wood & Wax Website” means the website (or websites) located at www.Wairua Wood & Wax.co.nz operated by Wairua Wood & Wax from time to time;
“Content” means all content delivered via the Wairua Wood & Wax Website and Services including all text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audio-visual works or combinations of works, live streaming, interactive features and other materials;
“including” means “including without limitation”;
“Legal Obligations” means any legal or regulatory obligation that Wairua Wood & Wax has under the laws of any relevant any country in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage or processing of Your Personal Information;
“Personal Information” means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual, and includes Sensitive Information, and references to “Your Personal Information” also includes any Personal Information that You provide to Wairua Wood & Wax about someone else;
“Sensitive Information” means information about Your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation;
“Third Parties” means any person, company, body corporate, entity, governmental or regulatory authority in any country;
“You” means you as an individual and Your has a corresponding meaning.